UL & Oversized Elevator Doors
All Columbia entrances are UL in-plant inspected and UL certified, certifying compliance with the ANSI A17.1, section 2.11, of the elevator and escalator safety code.
Columbia offers the largest UL certification in the industry in addition to having the authority from UL to provide UL Oversized Certificates, certifying that larger frames have been manufactured in accordance with UL procedure.
Columbia’s UL Label allows for
- 14'-wide x 10'- high openings in masonry walls
- 8' x 8' openings in drywall applications.
When larger openings are required, Columbia
- can custom-fabricate to any oversized specification
- has the authority from UL to provide a UL Oversized Certificate, certifying that the frames are fabricated to UL's stringent manufacturing procedure.
Columbia’s UL Certificate is also available for unlimited transom sizes.
- Determine whether your job qualifies for an Oversized Certificate with our on-line interactive feature
UL Certification: Doors & Entrances