Columbia Elevator (CEPCo) is responsible for any CEPCo sponsored website and social media account or page that links to this Privacy Notice. We are committed to respecting the privacy of individuals from whom we collect personal information. CEPCo has implemented technical, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard any personal information that we may collect.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices related to personal information collected through the CEPCo website. It also covers personal information that CEPCo may collect and process separate and apart from its websites, such as through email or other means. By providing personal and other information to us or through your use of our website, social media pages, business transactions or our integrated products offerings, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does CEPCo collect?
“Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The Personal information that CEPCo may collect from you will depend on the nature of the interaction you have with us. For example, CEPCo may collect:
- Business contact information, including the name of your business, your title and function, your work email address, your work physical and/or mailing address, or work telephone numbers, and other information related to contacting you at work
- Profile picture;
- Social media account ID or user ID, device identification or locator information; and
- Specific information about how you or your company interact with CEPCo products, including your personal preferences;
- Banking or payment information, CEPCo account information, and contract details.
How does CEPCo use the personal information it collects?
Any personal information collected will be used to:
- Provide you with customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interests
- Fulfill contract obligations such as providing notice or reports about a specific job, electronic billing or your selected payment method
- Verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed here or to provide you with access to a website or social media site
- Develop new offerings, improve the quality of our products, improve and personalize user experience, and better prepare future content based upon your interests and those of our general user population
- Communicate with you regarding new and modified products offered by CEPCo, including special offers (CEPCo will ensure that any marketing communications will provide a simple method for you to opt-out or unsubscribe)
- Evaluate your interest in and/or allow you to apply for employment with CEPCo
- Respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity and protect against fraud
- Screen against sanction and anti-terrorism lists as required by law
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy)
- Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
CEPCo shall use your personal information only for legitimate business interests, to fulfill a legal obligation or to meet our contractual obligations as described in the Privacy Notice.
Does CEPCo share the information it collects with any third parties?
CEPCo will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside the company, except to:
- Vendors CEPCo has retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of our customers. CEPCo will only share your personal information with service providers whom CEPCo has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. These providers may include cloud service providers, system providers, software providers, and other service providers
- Comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
For individuals who interact with CEPCo on social media sites, CEPCo may disclose your personal information to contacts associated with your and CEPCo’s social media accounts, to other website users and to your social media account provider in connection with your social sharing activity as it relates to CEPCo, including any sweepstakes or contests that you might enter on our site. Should you elect to post information on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including without limitation, our Social Media pages), any such information you post or disclose through these services would become public and may be available to the general public.
What should you understand about the third-party links that may appear on this website?
In some instances, CEPCo may provide links to non-CEPCo controlled websites, which CEPCo will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. CEPCo does not control such third-party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
How long does CEPCo retain personal information?
CEPCo will retain personal information so long as needed to comply with its contractual and legal obligations. If the personal information is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, CEPCo will retain the data for as long as is required for the original purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information collected online regarding a user that has not accessed a CEPCo website or social media site will be deleted from our files within a reasonable period of time unless prohibited by applicable law or required to fulfill our contractual obligations.
What choices do you have with respect to your personal information?
Individuals may ask to review, update, correct, change, or delete information submitted to CEPCo at any time. CEPCo will provide a prompt response and will endeavor to grant such requests, except where limited by law, contract, or competing privacy interests. CEPCo will use reasonable efforts to update information timely, and where required by law shall remove your personal information from the CEPCo files. To protect the user’s privacy and security, CEPCo will take steps to verify the user’s identity before making any requested change. To access, change, or delete your personal information, to report problems with the site, to ask questions or to raise concerns send an email to CEPCo at email@example.com.
Please note that while we will assist you in protecting your personal information, it is up to you to protect your passwords and other access credentials from others.
Information for Specific Groups of People
For individuals in California:
As defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law", California residents may annually request and obtain information that is shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. CEPCo does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
For individuals in the United States:
CEPCo does not collect Social Security Numbers through its website. CEPCo does, however, collect Social Security Numbers where required by law, such as for tax purposes. When CEPCo collects and/or uses Social Security Numbers, CEPCo will take proper care by protecting confidentiality, limiting collection, ensuring access on a need-to-know basis, implementing appropriate technical safeguards, and ensuring proper disposal.
For parents and legal guardians:
Although CEPCo’s website is not directed at children, CEPCo is committed to complying with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in the European Union (when in effect). CEPCo does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If CEPCo learns that personal information relating to a child under the age of 13 has been provided, CEPCo will delete that information from its systems.
How might CEPCo change this policy?
As CEPCo expands and improves this website, we may need to update this policy. This policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes. Substantive changes will be identified at the top of the policy.
How can you contact CEPCo?
If you have questions about CEPCo’s privacy practices in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.